UNDER THE CONSTITUTION.
For more than 30 years, Mr. LiMandri has passionately practiced law and successfully represented clients in business litigation, product liability, medical malpractice, insurance, construction, real estate, environmental, maritime and personal injury cases through his private law firm. Since 1983, he has handled numerous high-profile civil law and pro-bono religious liberty cases including defending the Mt. Soledad Cross, San Diego Firefighters,Priests for Life, JONAH and many other organizations in state and federal courts, as well as before the United States Supreme Court. Currently, Mr. LiMandri is defending David Daleiden, Founder of the Center for Medical Progress, who is being investigated for his Human Capital Project, which used undercover video to expose the abortion industry’s buying and selling of aborted baby body parts.
Mr. LiMandri is double Board Certified in Pre-Trial Litigation and Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and has owned and operated his private law firm for 27 years. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and is admitted to practice law in California, New York, Washington, D.C. and before the United States Supreme Court.
An accomplished trial advocate with a national reputation, Mr. LiMandri founded the non-profit Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund (FCDF) in September 2012, to help allow others to support the mounting escalation and intensity of religious freedom cases. He currently leads a team of attorneys that handle religious liberty and other culture war cases involving pro-life, marriage and traditional family values.
Charles LiMandri received his law degree from Georgetown University Law School in 1983 and a diploma in International Law and Relations from the University College of Wales at Aberystwyth as a Rotary International Graduate Fellow in 1980. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Circle (for obtaining verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars) and holds the highest (A.V.) rating for legal skills and ethics (by fellow attorneys and judges) in the Martindale-Hubbell national directory of attorneys. He also is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and Super Lawyers.
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
In addition to his many community service activities and professional affiliations, in 2012 LiMandri successfully co-chaired a capital campaign with San Diego Charger Quarterback Philip Rivers to bring Catholic Radio to San Diego through Immaculate Heart Radio. He also hosted his own radio show “From the Front Line of the Culture War.” Mr. LiMandri is a frequent author and lecturer who has appeared and been published locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. He has also been a featured guest speaker on radio and television including the Fox News Network. He is a member of the Board of Editors of the California Tort Reporter and the California Insurance Law and Regulation Reporter, both of which are published by West Group.
He and his wife Barbara have been married for over 25 years and have five children. They reside in north San Diego County
Mr. LiMandri is double Board Certified in Pre-Trial Litigation and Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and is admitted to practice law in California, New York, Washington, D.C., and before the United States Supreme Court. As an accomplished trial advocate with a national reputation, leading a team of FCDF attorneys, Mr. LiMandri is well qualified to handle cases involving religious-liberty issues.
- Juris Doctor Degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1983
- Diploma in International Law and Relations from the University College of Wales at Aberystwyth as a Rotary International Graduate Fellow in 1980
- Member of the Congress of Fellows of the Center for International Legal Studies based in Salzburg, Austria
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers with Highest A.V. Rating
- “Super Lawyers for Southern California”
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers in San Diego for possessing the “Highest in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence”
- Has Tried Numerous Cases to Verdict and Judgment in State and Federal Courts
- Has Argued Numerous Cases Before State and Federal Appellate Courts
- Has conducted numerous seminars on Trial Advocacy, Evidence, Legal Ethics and Religious Liberty Issues for Attorneys and Judges and church and civic organizations
- Has authored numerous published articles on Legal and Religious Liberty Issues
- Has appeared on numerous local, regional, and national television and radio news programs as a legal commentator
- Received Service Award from the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association (2016)
- Received Service Award from the Thomas More Society of San Diego (2016)
- Received Service Award from the Knights of Columbus (2017)
PRO BONO BOARD OF DIRECTORS / COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Legatus International Board of Governors
- San Diego Chapter of Legatus Board of Directors and Past President
- Thomas More Society of San Diego Board of Directors and Past President
- Founding Member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Thomas More Studies (Univ. of Dallas)
- Founding Member of the Board of Directors and current member of the Advisory Board of the Culture of Life Family Services
- Former Member of the Religious Liberty Committee of the California Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Former Member of the Rotary Club of Rancho Santa Fe Board of Directors and Past President