AREAS OF PRACTICE
Religious Liberty →
Traditional Values →
Sanctity of Life →
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C., J.D., May 2013
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, B.A French and Philosophy, May 2010, Magna Cum Laude
Mr. Trissell has been an attorney with FCDF since March 2014. His private practice is focused on civil litigation including serious personal injury, wrongful death, defamation, real and personal property disputes, and homeowners’ association disputes. His practice is also heavily focused on appellate work. Mr. Trissell has handled numerous appeals and drafted two United States Supreme Court amicus curiae briefs.
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
Mr. Trissell came to FCDF after graduating from a top-20 law school, the George Washington University Law School, in 2013. Prior to law school, Mr. Trissell followed in three generations of his family and graduated magna cum laude from Oklahoma State University. While in law school, Mr. Trissell clerked with the Office of the General Counsel of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the United States Army JAG Corps, and the Office of Hon. Eugene Delgaudio, Loudoun County, Virginia Supervisor.
- Supreme Court of California (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, pro hac vice (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2016)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2017)
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the San Diego North County Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association – San Diego Chapter
- Secretary of the St. Thomas More Society of San Diego
- Member, National Eagle Scout Association
Mr. Trissell has been married to his wife Madeleine since 2014. He is fluent in French and is a voracious reader of classic French literature, Christian philosophy, and Tolkien scholarship. He and his wife also enjoy playing racquetball and Ultimate Frisbee whenever they can.