AREAS OF PRACTICE
Religious Liberty →
Traditional Values →
Sanctity of Life →
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C., J.D., May 2013
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, B.A French and Philosophy, May 2010, Magna Cum Laude
Mr. Trissell has been an attorney with FCDF since March 2014. He has worked on all of FCDF’s major cases, and has also provided legal advice to clients unsure about their religious liberty and free speech rights. Mr. Trissell focuses his practice on appellate work, and has drafted four United States Supreme Court amicus curiae briefs for FCDF. He is heavily involved in the Center for Medical Progress cases and the Tastries Bakery case.
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
Mr. Trissell came to FCDF after graduating from a top-20 law school, the George Washington University Law School, in 2013. Prior to law school, Mr. Trissell followed in three generations of his family and graduated magna cum laude from Oklahoma State University. While in law school, Mr. Trissell clerked with the Office of the General Counsel of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the United States Army JAG Corps, and the Office of Hon. Eugene Delgaudio, Loudoun County, Virginia Supervisor.
- Supreme Court of California (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, pro hac vice (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2016)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2017)
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the San Diego North County Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association – San Diego Chapter
- Secretary of the St. Thomas More Society of San Diego
- Member, National Eagle Scout Association
Mr. Trissell has been married to his wife Madeleine since 2014. He enjoys reading Tolkien scholarship, Church history, and the occasional French play.