AREAS OF PRACTICE
Religious Liberty →
Traditional Values →
Sanctity of Life →
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, J.D. (2009)
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, B.S., Business Administration (2005)
UNDER THE LAW.
Mr. Jonna began working with Charles LiMandri in 2013 and became a named partner in 2016. He was previously an associate at the national law firm of Gordon & Rees, where he represented a broad range of clients, including major Fortune 500 companies, small and large businesses, and leading national and international insurers in complex commercial litigation and class actions in state and federal courts throughout California. Prior to joining Gordon & Rees, Mr. Jonna was an associate at Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann, where he represented institutional investors in complex litigation and securities class actions, including Public Employees Ret. Sys. of Mississippi vs. Merrill Lynch & Co. ($315 million recovery); In re Wells Fargo Mortgage Pass-Through Certificate Litigation ($125 million); and In re AXA Rosenberg Investor Litigation ($65 million).
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
Mr. Jonna earned his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was Comments Editor of San Diego Law Review and published “In Search of Market Discipline: The Case for Indirect Hedge Fund Regulation,” 45 San Diego Law Review 989 (2008). During law school, he earned a CALI Award for the highest grade in Complex Litigation as well as a merit scholarship. He earned his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business, where he was invited to Beta Gamma Sigma, named to the Dean’s List, and earned a merit scholarship.
- State Bar of California
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
Former three-term President of the St. Thomas More Society of San Diego, an association of Catholic lawyers, judges, and public servants
San Diego Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2016 & 2017
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
San Diego County Bar Association
A San Diego native, Mr. Jonna resides in his hometown of La Mesa with his wife and five young children.