AREAS OF PRACTICE
Religious Liberty →
Traditional Values →
Sanctity of Life →
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C., J.D., May 2013
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, B.A French and Philosophy, May 2010, Magna Cum Laude
Jeffrey Trissell has served as litigation counsel for FCDF since 2014. Trissell focuses his practice on appellate work and has drafted four United States Supreme Court amicus curiae briefs for FCDF.
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
Trissell graduated from George Washington University Law School in 2013. Prior to law school, Mr. Trissell followed in three generations of his family and graduated magna cum laude from Oklahoma State University. While in law school, Mr. Trissell clerked with the Office of the General Counsel of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the United States Army JAG Corps, and the Office of Hon. Eugene Delgaudio, Loudoun County, Virginia Supervisor.
- Supreme Court of California (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, pro hac vice (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2016)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2017)
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the San Diego North County Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association – San Diego Chapter
- Secretary of the St. Thomas More Society of San Diego
- Member, National Eagle Scout Association
Mr. Trissell has been married to his wife Madeleine since 2014. He enjoys reading Tolkien scholarship, Church history, and the occasional French play.